Our 2018 Gardens
Stay tuned for our 2019 gardens!
* A formal, structured garden fronting Mapleton Avenue belies a relaxed rear yard perfect for casual entertaining, where the master gardener owner has selected plants that tend to take care of themselves.
* An unwieldy slope with haphazard terracing has been transformed into a shady, flowing retreat, integrating old stonework and magnificent trees into a private forest-like refuge overlooking a natural creek.
* A pint-sized kitchen garden makes the most of pockets of sun so that pollinators, vegetables, and children can all thrive.
* The master gardener now occupying a former mayor's mansion honors the staid history of the place, while letting the plants have a good romp and show their best through the seasons.
* A Japanese-inspired garden is a study in contrasts of color, form, and texture.
* This long-established garden showcases success with very different growing conditions in our area, particularly in gardens with partial shade and sun.
* A lush, dense oasis hints at the owner's patronage of the arts, including sculpture, woodworking, metal crafting, and landscape design.
Highlights of last year's Tour
all photos courtesy of George Lange